- League City Eyecare + Eyewear is committed to providing each patient with the highest quality, premium eyewear and products to provide the best possible vision. Due to the custom nature of eyeglasses, all eyewear sales are final: No refunds will be given. This applies not only to prescription eyewear and sun wear, but also to lens only purchases.
- Payment in full is expected at the time services are rendered and/or optical purchases are made. No refunds will be made for any services or materials provided by our office. In the case in which the doctor or office manager may approve for 50% of the materials to be paid in advance, which is the minimum required to start an eyewear order, the remaining 50% will be required to be paid prior to the dispense/release of any eyewear purchases (this policy also applies to contact lenses).
- Regarding problems with eyeglass prescriptions that we fill which were written by a doctor here at League City Eyecare + Eyewear, the eyewear will be inspected to verify that they are fit appropriately and will be adjusted as necessary. If, within 90 days of the initial eye exam, the doctor or staff believes that an additional office visit is necessary to recheck the prescription, this additional visit will be scheduled at no additional charge. If at the time, it is determined that new lenses are necessary, they will be changed at no additional charge. Re-check visits and/or new lenses after 90 days will be charged the usual and customary fees.
- Regarding external prescriptions filled by our office – If a new prescription is needed, we will remake the lenses with the updated prescription (obtained by the prescribing doctor) ONE time within 90 days of original purchase. Any additional remakes will be at the usual and customary charges.
- Regarding adaptation problems related to progressive lenses, we will remake the lenses into either a lined bifocal or single vision lenses at no additional fee (within the same frame). No refunds will be issued for any cost differences between the two styles or types of lenses.
- For all lenses – any options that are on the original lenses that are not wanted on the remake will NOT be refunded.
- For prescriptions written by League City Eyecare + Eyewear that are filled elsewhere, if a lens prescription change is needed after eyewear is made, the new prescription will be provided at no charge within 90 days of the exam. In this situation we will not be responsible for any lens or frame charges incurred. Most reputable optical dispensaries allow doctor Rx changes at no charge, but it is up to the patient to inquire about such policies in advance of purchase.
- Frames purchased at League City Eyecare + Eyewear have a one-year manufacturer defect warranty. Normal wear and tear, damage by accident or loss are not covered by the warranty. We reserve the right to inspect and determine if the frames can be replaced under warranty. It is required that you provide all pieces and parts of the frame and imperative that you do not attempt to repair it yourself as that may void the warranty.
- The utmost care will be taken in the handling of a patient’s own frame(s), but due to the fact that the frame is not new or is new, but was not purchased at League City Eyecare + Eyewear, League City Eyecare + Eyewear will not be responsible for any accidental damage that could occur. Please see our ‘Outside Frame Laboratory Policy’.
- Lenses with premium Anti-reflective (AR) coatings have a one-year warranty against coating defects and/or scratches, and can be remade two times within the one-year period for a scratch warranty at no charge. We reserve the right to inspect and determine if the lenses can be replaced under warranty. Please note that scratch resistant does not mean the product is scratch proof.
- Only boxes that are unopened and in resalable condition – free of any markings, dents, or damages will be exchanged or refunded.
Contact Lens Exams:
- Are to be completed within 90 days of initial fit. There may be additional office visit charges if the patient fails to come back for their follow-up appointment(s) to finalize their prescription. Please see our ‘Contact Lens Agreement.’
We are not responsible for glasses or contacts that are not picked up within 90 days. Payments or deposits will NOT be refunded. Any other unusual circumstances that are not mentioned above will be handled on a case-by-case basis at the owner doctor and/or office manager’s discretion.
Thank you for your understanding of our office policies. We appreciate your business.